When it comes to eCommerce websites, it’s all about functionality, features, and design. There are features you must have if you’re running an online business and have an eCommerce website. The features below are some of the standard eCommerce features for online stores powered by the Onveos shopping cart platform, which we highly recommend.
The success of many websites is determined by not only the products offered and how well the website is marketed, but also by the features the website offer both the customer and the website owner. As a business owner, it is important that you have the tools to manage your website and that the administrative features fit with your business processes. For example, if you offer payment terms to your customer, you’ll need to be sure the platform you’re using gives you the ability to set a credit limit for a customer. Before diving into an eCommerce project, think carefully about the features needed, or you’ll be regretting it later!
The Most Important Ecommerce Features Include:
- Content management capabilities
- Promotion and discount code tools
- An easy-to-use checkout
- Search engine optimized code and layout
- Reporting tools
- An integrated blog or articles section
- Email marketing integration
- Multiple payment options (Credit card, PayPal, PO, Terms, etc.)
- The ability to scale up with your platform